..Some of this stuff might freak people out...GOOD!! cuz it SURE FREAKED THE HELL OUTTA ME!!
I must thank my very good friend
for tagging me. May all her yatchs..burn down to the ground..
....Okay, so here goes....
1. I was born in Colombo sri lanka, where i lived for almost 12 years before my parents migrated to Australia with my younger sister and I , after the civil war started in 1983.
2. When I was three , I was convinced that chickens were robots and tried to open one up with a screw driver. The bastard chicken evaded me with it's cunning and speed.
3. When I was 5 i was attacked by a spider monkey who wanted to study my brain....actually the monkey just wanted to sit on my shoulder and groom me. But I was convinced otherwise...
4. When I was 10 my cousins and i went exploring in the ruins of a ' Hindu temple', near our family estate. We were playing with one of the villagers son's whom we saw there and who we hadn't seen in a few years. A few days later we found out that the boy had been dead for two years... he drowned in the marshes nearby.
5. When I was 11, my best friend and I fled his burning house and for our lives. Rebel terrorists were burning houses and killing anyone who was 'Tamil' (hindu). ..my best friend is Tamil.
6. That same year, all my classmates and I were in a hostage situation for 2 hours. it ended with the separatist rebels executing 1 of my classmates, in front of us. His father was a politician.
7. In 1993 while attending a family wedding in SL, I was stopped by the Military Police..at gun point, and subjected to interrogation. They were recruiting young men for the army, due process was overlooked. The one saving grace was my Australian passport...
8. I have never been to art school. I am self taught. i attended university when I was 22 at my father's request and dropped out subsequently because they discouraged me from doing what I wanted to do...DRAW!
9. When I was 11 i saw a man beaten to death, by a gang of rebels... to this day I become physically ill when I witness 'real life' Violence.
10. I have witnessed an exorcism...(..not a tie her to the bed and call a priest one) This was one with 200 villagers, 12 witch doctors dressed as demons, a voodoo priest and and a ten foot high bonfire... I saw things that no one would believe.
11. I have ridden an elephant all by my self, i was 10... It was cool and scary. Making the bugger turn was a little tricky...:boggie:
12. A bone in my foot decided to break and come out, when I was tackled during a game of rugby for school....OOWWWW!..
13. I was married.... to
..we're still best buddies. it's cool cuz now i can say.."my ex-wife"..makes me sound adult.
14. I'm technically an Australian citizen I have lived in the UK for just over a year now.
15. Now you know why I listen to my voices...cuz real life is a freaking scary place...
16. I used to play the Clarinet ...and err..ahem!.. Tap dance...
Damn my parents!
..I sucked at both, thank god..
17. I have a younger sister, people think she's older ....i wonder why?
18. I worked on the set of .'Farscape' as concept illustrator for season four... oh! Everyone knows that......well too bad, it's staying in..
19. I fell out of a mango tree when a nest of ' Red Ants ' cracked open on my head. Didn't break any bones...had to be treated for ant bites though..
20. I stabbed myself in the stomach with a scalpel while trying to cut some plastic off a model kit.
Dr. said i was lucky, if not for my extra padding I would have been in a whole lotta trouble Doh! Cut away from the body..
...well there it is...